Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Gongura Mamsam (Mutton with Red Sorrel Leaves)

An authentic Andhra non-vegetarian meal is incomplete without Gongura Mamsam, an absolutely delicious, mouth-watering dish.This famous Gongura Mamsam or Mutton cooked in Gongura (Red Sorrel) leaves, is one of my favorite dishes prepared back in my home. Gongura (Red Sorrel) comes in two varieties, one is green leaf and the other being red variety which is more sour than the green/white stem variety.The leaves are bitter and mildly astringent and have a predominantly acidic taste.
I didn't have the luxury of uploading my own video and so i give you one of the Video recipes from one of my favorite chef which is very close to the way i prepare this famous south india dish.




Site to make money and get traffic: Performancing Ads (The last ad on the bottom right). Check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment