Monday, February 23, 2009

Mamidikaya Mamsam (Mango Mutton)

One of the most interesting recipes I learnt from my grandmom is the Mango mutton (lamb) which is a very popular recipe in Andhra pradesh. I fell in love with it from the first time I tasted it and now I am passing on the love to my husband. This Indian dish has a tangy and spicy flavor.

Ingredients:

1 kg lamb cut in small pieces
1 green mango peeled and cut in small pieces
1 small onion chopped finely
2 strands curry leaves1 cup coriander leaves
2-3 green chilies
2 tbs red chili pwd
½ tbs turmeric pwd
3-4 tbs of cooking oil
1 cup water
Salt to taste

Procedure:

Take the lamb pieces and add red chili pwd, turmeric pwd, salt and let it marinate for 15 minutes. Take a pan and add oil, when the oil is hot add the chopped onions and green chilies and sauté for few minutes. Add the marinated lamb and throw in few of the curry leaves and coriander leaves and cover it with lid and cook for 10 minutes on a medium flame. Fry the lamb till u see oil oozing out ,then add the mango pieces and water and rest of the curry leaves and cover it with a lid. Cook till the meat is tender, you can pressure cook the lamb, but if your lamb is tender then do not pressure cook it. Garnish it with coriander leaves. This curry goes really well with plain rice.Let me know how the recipe ended up for you.
P.S : In my first post, I have said that I wanted to see if I could make any money $$$ on the side from this cooking blog. Till now I made 21 cents… which is not bad I guess. May be I would celebrate when it reaches a $1 and post one more of my favorite recipes.


Site for Free Traffic and making money: Traffic Swarm (See the ad on the right)

1 comment:

  1. Your recipe mamidikaya mamsamu has turned out to ;be marvellous. My daughter who is pregnant liked it the most and wanted to thank you for posting such a delicious recipe. Thanks once again

    ReplyDelete