Friday, February 13, 2009

My Journey...

Let’s get Started

Hello people and welcome to my new blog, a food portal of all desi recipes inlcuding my favorite DOSAS (Indian pancakes), Chicken Biryani, Mutton Biryani and many more. I am a big time food lover who needs her food to be just the way she likes it, quick, spicy and delicious!!! Here, I am going to share with you all the tasty food recipes i have learnt over the years.

I began cooking when I got married and moved to US. Being Married teaches you a lot, and cooking is one of them! The first month my husband survived mainly on instant noodles because i would not eat him outside. After the intial trial and erros, I decided that it was time I did some serious cooking. So I called up my mom, my grandmom, my mother-in-law back in india and started writing down all the recipes i could think of.

I still remember the first time i made idlis, which turned out to be stone like and all burnt up. With that intial failure i continued my crash course of how it was made, and what i did wrong and what could be added to make better. It wasn’t long before I realized I enjoyed cooking, and why not, I was good at it! It was always a proud moment for me when my husband gives compliments on my culinary skills and even more when he shared my amazing cooking skills with family and friends.

So get ready, fire up that stove and allow me to take you on a cooking ride with some delicious indian recipes. A journey so good, you’ll be coming back for more.

Put on the apron, line up your spatulas and Let's get ready to Rock n Roll!

No comments:

Post a Comment